Position: Development Manager (Grants and Sponsorships)
Reports to: Managing Director
General Position Description: The Development Manager (Grants and Sponsorships) will work with the Managing Director to create and implement a comprehensive strategy to raise funds from corporations and foundations to support the mission of Tulsa Ballet and to achieve the annual revenue goals for the organization. This position is a highly administrative position that solicits and stewards an annual portfolio of foundation and corporate donors while continually cultivating new donor prospects. Frequent nights and weekends are required for donor events and ballet performances.
- Work with senior management to develop and implement institutional fundraising plan to meet annual and long range goals.
- Develop moves management strategies for each donor on their portfolio; meet regularly with staff to coach, share information, assess progress and strategize.
- Identify potential new sources of corporate, foundation and organizational major donor support and cultivate those relationships.
- Develop and implement infrastructure for capturing, measuring and reporting the moves management strategies for current donors and prospects.
- Participate in major annual gala, including working with Board committee, development team, event planner and outside vendors as necessary.
- Consistently monitor and implement the comprehensive stewardship plan with their organizational donors.
- Analyze benchmarks for fundraising efforts and track and report progress.
- Effectively manage budgeting and forecasting of revenue and expenses for all assigned areas.
- Write, edit and proofread all grant proposals and reports to donors.
- Attend ballet performances and fundraising events in an effort to steward and cultivate relationships with donors and prospects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Building philanthropic relationships with individuals and organizations, based upon a common vision for, and valuation of, the organization (measured through fundraising donors, dollars, significant gifts).
- Interpersonal effectiveness—demonstrated by having built collaborative, trusting relationships with stakeholders including volunteers, staff and external audiences.
- Communications—effectively communicates goals and objectives, actively listens, and understands the effectiveness of attributing credit to partners when possible, all while reflecting a strong presence and command of the issues. Strong proofreading skill set.
- Planning and organizing—thinks and plans logically, and builds partnerships to efficiently and effectively achieve measurable goals.
- Ability to oversee budgeting and forecasting procedures for respective areas.
- Flexibility and experience in building a solid fundraising program involving foundations and corporations.
- Ability to organize and prioritize fundraising activities effectively.
- A proven professional that embraces teamwork, creativity and open communication.
- Ability and willingness to participate in events outside the traditional workday schedule (frequent evenings and weekends).
- Other duties as assigned by the Managing Director
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience in a not-for-profit fund development office.
- Experience with grant writing and the production of corporate sponsorship and philanthropic giving proposals.
- Excellent computer skills required, specifically Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience utilizing Tessitura software preferred.
- An appreciation of ballet or other dance forms and/or professional experience in the performing arts is strongly preferred.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Be able to work nights and weekends when required.
- Be able to lift up to 25 pounds and participate in physical activity required for events.
- Have reliable transportation, as some errands will occasionally be necessary.
- Have a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
How to apply: A cover letter and resume with references should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Tulsa Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.