Full Time Exempt
Reports to: Director of Development
To serve as an essential asset of our region through exciting internationally-acclaimed artistic excellence and exemplary education and outreach.
We commit to:
- Preserve the tradition of classical ballet
- Promote the appreciation of contemporary dance
- Create works of superior and enduring quality
- Educate through exceptional dance training, performances and outreach programs.
To be an innovative leader, powerful partner and global cultural representative of a community in which the performing arts are valued and promoted as an indispensable resource.
The Development Coordinator will implement annual fundraising and stewardship plan focusing on Proposals for Foundations, Government Agencies, and Corporations.
- Write grant proposals, reports, and corporate sponsorship requests
- Create and maintain in-kind sponsor relationships
- Develop and implement a comprehensive donor stewardship plan for institutional donors
- Track awarded grants including coordinating the submission of required reports throughout the duration of the grant
- Ensure delivery and proper entry of all promised benefits
- Monitor foundation and corporate recognition upon award of each grant
- Prospect research and coordinate regular communication (phone calls, meetings, tickets, backstage tours, studio visits, etc)
- Attend all performances and events to ensure excellent donor relations
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience working in a not-for-profit fund development office that includes grant writing and the production of corporate sponsorship and philanthropic giving proposals. Excellent computer skills are a must, specifically Microsoft Office Suite, along with superior written and interpersonal communication skills. Experience utilizing Tessitura software preferred. An appreciation of ballet or other dance forms and/or professional experience in the performing arts is strongly preferred. Successful candidates will have a proven and demonstrable track record of being able to work under pressure while managing multiple deadlines.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Be able to work nights and weekends when event and/or performance schedule require.
- Be able to lift up to 25 pounds and participate in physical activity required for events.
- Have reliable transportation, as some errands occasionally will be necessary.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org