Tulsa Ballet Center for Dance Education
Job Title: Creative Movement, Contemporary Dance and Outreach Program Instructor
Reports to: Director of Education
Status: Full-time position
Tulsa Ballet Center for Dance Education is actively seeking a dynamic and talented Creative Movement and Contemporary Dance Instructor to join its full time faculty beginning June 1, 2020.
The candidate will work as an integral member of the TBCDE faculty to support the artistic vision and strategic plan of Tulsa Ballet Theatre, Inc. In consultation with the Director of Education, the successful candidate will develop and implement a creative movement and contemporary dance program for ages 3 years and up, and will collaborate with a music specialist to deliver TBCDE’s music and dance Outreach Programs. They will support the administrative needs of the Outreach Program, choreograph for performances and may be asked to support recruitment and marketing initiatives. This is an excellent opportunity for a knowledgeable teacher who is looking to be part of a talented and committed team and who thrives in a vibrant atmosphere dedicated to excellence and growth.
Essential Functions and Major Responsibilities
The teacher will:
- Motivate and inspire students by teaching with knowledge, positive energy and compassion.
- Be responsible for the effective delivery of children’s creative movement (3-5 years) and contemporary dance classes (6 years and older).
- Work with other full and part-time faculty to ensure cohesive delivery of the creative movement programs.
- Partner and collaborate with a music specialist to deliver TBCDE’s dynamic Outreach Programs in public and private schools in Tulsa, Broken Arrow and surrounding areas.
- Support the administrative needs of the Outreach Programs.
- Assist in developing relationships to grow TBCDE’s programs.
- Choreograph for TBCDE performances and rehearse students as necessary.
- Prepare student placement and evaluations as required.
- Assist with the coordination of projects and events including auditions and schedules and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Support the positive development of TBCDE through consistent development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Participate in marketing and recruitment initiatives.
- Attend planning meetings as required.
- Participate in long-term planning in cooperation with the Director of Education, School Administrators and other members of the Faculty.
- Build and maintain positive and productive relationships with students, parents, staff and community partners through effective and honest communication.
Education and Experience
The position requires:
- In-depth knowledge of creative movement and contemporary dance
- Certification from a recognized teacher training program or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience teaching children and youth in a variety of settings
- Ability to choreograph for children/dancers of varying ages and abilities
- Professional dance experience is considered an asset but not necessary
- Knowledge of classical ballet is considered an asset
- HOW TO APPLY: Please submit resume and cover letter to Arlene Minkhorst, Director of Education @ email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Tulsa Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.