TBCDE COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
The safety of our students and staff continues to Tulsa Ballet’s top priority. To that end, TBCDE has established the following safety protocols for the 2023-2024 school year. Safety Protocols will be reviewed should CDC or State recommendations change.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR TULSA BALLET CENTER FOR DANCE EDUCATION
Table of Contents
Tulsa Ballet is committed to the safety and wellbeing of its dancers, staff, students, board members, volunteers, patrons, and guests and is prepared to efficiently and effectively respond to a multitude of emergency situations.
With regard to the COVID-19 Pandemic, Tulsa Ballet is following the recommendations of the State of Oklahoma Open Up and Recover Safely (OURS) Plan in addition to the city Tulsa’s recommendations and Executive Orders. Tulsa Ballet is continually monitoring reports from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Tulsa County Health Department to stay up to date with the latest information.
The following guidelines should be followed for all dancers, staff, students, and guests within a Tulsa Ballet facility. Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Stay home if you are sick. COVID-19 symptoms include cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat and loss of taste or smell. Follow the CDC recommendations if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Wash your hands often. Wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Wear a mask when appropriate. Cloth or approved paper face coverings can slow the spread of the virus. Face covers should fit snugly against the side of the face, include multiple layers of fabric and be able to be laundered and machine dried.
- Clean and disinfect. Routinely clean and disinfect all frequently touched surfaces, such as keyboards, telephones, light switches, drawers, cabinets, handrails and doorknobs, as well as shared equipment, such as printers and copiers.
- Keep your distance. Keeping six feet between you and others is one of the best ways to avoid exposure and slow the spread of the virus.
- Avoid touching your face. Germs can spread from other people or surfaces when you touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
Tulsa Ballet’s contractor for janitorial services is Clean Sweep, who oversees the frequent cleaning and sanitization of Tulsa Ballet’s Brookside and Broken Arrow facilities. Tulsa Ballet is taking proactive measures to maintain clean facilities and reduce germs by implementing frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as doorknobs, desks, computer equipment, and ballet barres and sound equipment per revised CDC guidelines.
Drinking fountains have been temporarily disabled at both Tulsa Ballet facilities.
Frequent usage of hand sanitizer is recommended to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other diseases. Hand sanitizer pumps are located throughout each Tulsa Ballet facility in the following areas:
|Student Check-In Station (West Entrance)||Student Check-In Station (Main Entrance)|
|Main Lobby Front Desk||Main Lobby Front Desk|
|Men’s and Women’s Main Lobby Restroom||Men’s and Women’s Main Lobby Restroom|
|Men’s and Women’s Student Dressing Rooms||Men’s and Women’s Student Dressing Rooms|
|Faculty/Staff Offices/Workroom||Faculty/Staff Offices/Workroom|
PROTOCOLS FOR STUDENTS AND PARENTS IN TBCDE
Below are the protocols specific to Tulsa Ballet Center for Dance Education, subject to change at any time based on new information received. These protocols are in effect as of September 5, 2023. These same updates to our protocols will apply to staff and faculty. We will continue to assess these protocols on a regular basis and reserve the right to reinstate previous precautions if necessary.
- A Covid-19 vaccination is not required for any student to participate in Tulsa Ballet productions. All students cast in this show will be required to test prior to all rehearsals with Tulsa Ballet company dancers and all performances.
- All students may be required to mask for some rehearsals, or when exposed to a positive case of Covid-19, per the current CDC guidelines for exposure.
- Any student who tests positive for Covid-19 will be required to follow the current CDC guidelines and recommendations for isolation and masking.
- All Safety Protocols will be reviewed and revised according to any updated information from the Center for Disease Control and the State Health Department.
- All students (or parents/guardians for minors) must have a signed “Dance Student Safety Protocols Waiver and Tulsa Ballet Oath” form on file prior to the beginning of classes.
- Vaccinated students must provide a copy of their vaccination card, to be recognized as vaccinated.
- Curriculum may be modified for unvaccinated students to prevent partnering or touching.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available as listed in the main company safety protocols.
(Must be completed BEFORE beginning any class)
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a pandemic. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact.
The Tulsa Ballet Theatre, Inc. (hereinafter “BALLET”) conscientiously monitors applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances as well as guidance from public health authorities such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Tulsa Health Department. Based upon this information and in consultation with and consideration of other dance schools, the BALLET has created Dance Student Safety Protocols Waiver and Tulsa Ballet Oath document (“Safety Protocols”) to allow the BALLET to open and offer dance instruction. These Safety Protocols are designed to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, the BALLET cannot eliminate all risks. The BALLET cannot guarantee that everyone participating in classes or entering its premises will be spared contact with the virus.
Each Student, and if applicable his or her Parent and Guardian, is required to read and comply with the BALLET’s Safety Protocols, as may be amended from time to time. Failure to comply with the Safety Protocols can result in a Student’s expulsion from class.
No Student will be permitted to take classes or be on BALLET premises unless this document is signed and returned to the BALLET.
By signing this Dance Student Safety Protocols Waiver and Tulsa Ballet Oath (“Release”), the Student (and if applicable the Parent and/or Guardian) acknowledge the following:
I understand there are risks of participating in classes at the BALLET including but not limited to the Student, or his or her invitees, being exposed to or infected by infectious diseases including but not limited to MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19 (collectively referred to for the remainder of this Release as COVID-19) by attending BALLET classes or being on BALLET premises. This exposure may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of the BALLET or others, including but not limited to faculty, staff, or other participants and their families.
I understand that the BALLET has implemented Safety Protocols. I understand that, even in light of these procedures, there is still a risk that the Student, or his or her invitees, could be exposed to COVID-19 while on BALLET’s premises or during BALLET-related activities. I also acknowledge that due to its physical nature, dance programs may carry a greater risk than other activities of exposure to COVID-19. Even when all reasonable precautions are taken, there is an unavoidable risk of exposure to COVID-19.
I knowingly and voluntarily agree to assume all the risks of COVID-19 and accept sole responsibility of any exposure or potential exposure to COVID-19 (including but not limited to personal injury, disability, and death) or expense of any kind, that the Student, or his or her invitees, may experience or incur related to the Student’s attendance at any BALLET classes or use of the BALLET’s premises.
Student and his/her assignees, heirs, Parents, Guardians, and legal representatives hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and hold harmless BALLET and each of its officers, trustees, employees, faculty, staff, students, agents, representatives, or groups affiliated therewith (collectively “the BALLET Releasees”) from any liability, claims, or causes of action of whatever nature, arising from or related to exposure or potential exposure to COVID-19 for any reason whatsoever to the fullest extent permitted by law. By signing this release, Student and his/her assignees, heirs, Parents, Guardians, and legal representatives waive the right to bring any legal action now or at any time in the future to recover compensation or obtain any other remedy for any injury or damages arising out of Student’s participation in BALLET classes or use of BALLET’s premises. I further agree to save and hold the BALLET Releasees harmless and agree to indemnify each of said persons against all liability for any loss, cost, injury or damage to persons or property which may arise by virtue of the Student engaging in the activities associated with BALLET arising from the Student’s negligence. I agree that if any portion of the Release is held invalid the balance of the Release shall, not withstanding, continue in full force and effect.
Oath of Personal Responsibility for Tulsa Ballet
I, __________________________________ , am aware of the potential spread of COVID-19 that could result in severe illness and potential death. Therefore, I will, to the best of my ability, practice proper social distancing at work and outside of the office as recommended by health department directives, as well as practice good hygiene (handwashing, use of hand sanitizer, wearing of a mask when required, etc.) and follow other health recommendations. Should I become ill, I promise to self-report the illness and contact Tulsa Ballet to let them know of my condition. I will adhere to testing guidelines and work with my own primary care providers. Finally, if I am exposed or suspected to be exposed to COVID-19, I will self-quarantine and notify Tulsa Ballet.
READ THIS FORM CAREFULLY IN ITS ENTIRETY BEFORE SIGNING AS YOUR SIGNATURE WILL WAIVE LEGAL RIGHTS
Print Student’s Name: _______________________________________________________
Student’s Signature: ________________________________________________________
**If Student is under age 18, this form must be also signed by the Student’s Parent with Legal Custody (“Parent”) or a Legal Guardian (“Guardian”):
Printed Name of Parent or Guardian: _____________________________________________
Signature of Parent or Guardian: ________________________________________________
For more information on the Coronavirus, please click the links below.
Should you have any questions or individual precautionary concerns, please contact a member of the Tulsa Ballet management team.
Student Safety Protocols Waiver
Child Mask Wearing Tips