Tulsa Ballet is always seeking male and female dancers with strong classical and contemporary technique. Tulsa Ballet supports the International Audition Pre-Selection Guidelines. To be considered for an audition by company class, please send a video link with the IAP Guidelines to email@example.com
International Audition Pre-Selection Guidelines (IAP Guidelines)
An applicant is required to submit the following material only:
- a video with no introduction or fancy editing, consisting of the following performed in leotard and tights for women and tight fitting dance attire for men:
- a short classical variation drawn from the standard repertoire, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
- a short contemporary variation (that could consist of something drawn from repertoire, phrases from classwork or an applicant-created work) that illustrates the applicant’s command of a range of movement different from that demonstrated in the classical variation
- 3-5 minutes of barre work, incorporating both sides, danced in soft shoes by male applicants and pointe shoes by female applicants
- 3-5 minutes of centre work that includes adagio, pirouettes, petit and grand allegro, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
- a CV
- a head shot
- 2-3 dance photos that reveal the dancer’s body proportions and line
AGMA Company | Year-round Medical & Disability Insurance | 40 Week Contract
Read the article about why Tulsa is the new Austin.
Tulsa Ballet is a vibrant and growing non-profit arts organization that seeks to achieve excellence in all its artistic endeavors. We are known for the great care we take in producing excellent dance performances and being one of the most well-run ballet companies in the United States.
- Our focus on excellence and achievement makes for an enriching work environment where you will be challenged every day to produce your best work.
- We believe in delivering the best product for our audiences and understand that it takes the hard work and dedication of each and every team member within the organization to accomplish that.
Tulsa Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tulsa Ballet is currently seeking a qualified individual for the following positions:
The Production Manager (PM) makes sure everyone has what they need, when they need it, to do their job safely, properly, with excellence and enrue all expectations are communicated and understood. And if any of this is lacking, fix it.
The PM, with the Artistic Director and the Production Stage Manager (PSM), is responsible for technical and production planning and implementation of main company, second company, and education performances for home and touring productions; providing technical support for special events; and scheduling and managing IATSE department heads and crew.
With the PSM the PM also oversees facilities management, including warehouse, studios, and Studio K Theater. Contract negotiating and management includes incoming and outgoing sets, costumes, and props, designer contracts, outside rentals of Studio K.
Click HERE to read the full job description.
To apply, Send cover letter, résumé, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
COMPANY & CENTER FOR DANCE EDUCATION PIANIST
Tulsa Ballet is accepting applications for the position of Company and School Pianist.
Duties include: playing daily technique classes for the Tulsa Ballet Company and Tulsa Ballet Center for Dance Education; playing rehearsals for repertory performed live by company; supervising pianists for the Tulsa Ballet Center for Dance Education; solo pianist for company and school performances; sound board operator for school performances.
Qualifications include: Bachelor’s degree in music; previous experience as a ballet class pianist; ability to learn piano reductions of ballet scores; ability to work with other staff amicably under tight deadlines; experience in sound engineering is preferred.
Click HERE to read the full job description.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume in MS Word or PDF format to Andrew.Lahti@tulsaballet.org. No phone calls please.
CREATIVE MOVEMENT, CONTEMPORARY DANCE AND OUTREACH PROGRAM INSTRUCTOR
Tulsa Ballet Center for Dance Education is actively seeking a dynamic and talented Creative Movement and Contemporary Dance Instructor to join its full time faculty beginning June 1, 2020.
The candidate will work as an integral member of the TBCDE faculty to support the artistic vision and strategic plan of Tulsa Ballet Theatre, Inc. In consultation with the Director of Education, the successful candidate will develop and implement a creative movement and contemporary dance program for ages 3 years and up, and will collaborate with a music specialist to deliver TBCDE’s music and dance Outreach Programs. They will support the administrative needs of the Outreach Program, choreograph for performances and may be asked to support recruitment and marketing initiatives. This is an excellent opportunity for a knowledgeable teacher who is looking to be part of a talented and committed team and who thrives in a vibrant atmosphere dedicated to excellence and growth. Click HERE to read the full job description.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to Arlene Minkhorst, Director of Education @ email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Tulsa Ballet Center for Dance Education is seeking qualified Ballet and Jazz Instructors (part-time) to teach at our Brookside and Hardesty campuses. Click HERE to read the full job description. To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.