TULSA BALLET IS SEARCHING FOR ACCOMPLISHED ARTISTS TO JOIN OUR 2022-23 SEASON
If you would like to apply for the 2022 – 2023 Season, please fill out THIS FORM. Auditions for the 2022 – 2023 season will officially begin in January 2022.
Mr. Angelini will be considering male and female dancers with strong classical technique to fill positions with Tulsa Ballet’s Professional Company, TBII Company, and the Trainee Program with 40-week AGMA contracts. Auditions by invitation only. Must be vaccinated to audition.
International Audition Pre-Selection Guidelines (IAP Guidelines)
An applicant is required to submit the following material only:
- a video with no introduction or fancy editing, consisting of the following performed in leotard and tights for women, and tight-fitting dance attire for men:
- two classical variations drawn from the standard repertoire, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
- a short contemporary variation (that could consist of something drawn from the repertoire, phrases from classwork, or an applicant-created work) that illustrates the applicant’s command of a range of movement different from that demonstrated in the classical variation
- 3-5 minutes of barre work, incorporating both sides, danced in soft shoes by male applicants and pointe shoes by female applicants
- 3-5 minutes of center work that includes adagio, pirouettes, petit and grand allegro, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
- a CV (must include weight & height)
- a head shot
- 2-3 dance photos that reveal the dancer’s body proportions and line
AGMA Company | Year-round Medical & Disability Insurance
Read the article about why Tulsa is the new Austin.
Tulsa Ballet is a vibrant, diverse and growing non-profit arts organization, one that seeks to achieve excellence in all its endeavors, both on stage and in its every day operations. We relish the opportunity to work with dancers of different cultures, countries, races and creeds. We believe our strength resides in the diversity of our Artists, where each and every one of them brings a different color to the canvas that is Tulsa Ballet. We are proud to be part of this organization, and to make works that matter. We are known for the great care we take in producing excellent dance performances, whether they are the 19th century classics or the edgy contemporary works we produce every year.
- Our focus on excellence, and fulfilling the potential of our Artists, makes for an enriching work environment where we challenge each other to be the best Artists, Administrators, Technicians or Support Staff we can be.
- We believe in providing a safe and professional work environment for every single team member in the organization, we thrive in delivering the best product for our audiences and understand that it takes the hard work and dedication of each and every team member within the organization to accomplish that. We live in an environment of mutual respect and mutual support.
Tulsa Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tulsa Ballet is currently seeking a qualified individual for the following positions:
Tulsa Ballet is accepting applications for the position of Wardrobe Supervisor.
The Wardrobe Supervisor runs and manages all performances, oversees and assists all dressers and overhire working on a production, and is lead stitcher for all Tulsa Ballet’s productions. This can include maintaining, creating, or altering costumes, shoes, and maintaining hair, and make-up looks/designs for productions; creating run tracks; and assisting the Wardrobe department as the Costume Shop Manager sees fit. This position works closely with the Costume Shop Manager, Assistant Costume Shop Manager, The Center for Dance Education, Ballet Mistresses, and Guest Designers including working closely with students.
Click HERE to read the full job description.
How to apply: A cover letter and resume with references should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
COMPANY & CENTER FOR DANCE EDUCATION PIANIST
Tulsa Ballet is accepting applications for the position of Company and School Pianist.
Duties include: playing daily technique classes for the Tulsa Ballet Company and Tulsa Ballet Center for Dance Education; playing rehearsals for repertory performed live by company; supervising pianists for the Tulsa Ballet Center for Dance Education; solo pianist for company and school performances; sound board operator for school performances.
Qualifications include: Bachelor’s degree in music; previous experience as a ballet class pianist; ability to learn piano reductions of ballet scores; ability to work with other staff amicably under tight deadlines; experience in sound engineering is preferred.
Click HERE to read the full job description.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume in MS Word or PDF format to Andrew.Lahti@tulsaballet.org. No phone calls please.
Tulsa Ballet Center for Dance Education is seeking qualified Ballet and Jazz Instructors (part-time) to teach at our Brookside and Hardesty campuses.