Tulsa Ballet Center for Dance Education
Job Title: Classical Ballet Instructor
Reports to: Director of Education
Status: Full-time position
Tulsa Ballet Center for Dance Education is actively seeking a dynamic and talented Classical Ballet instructor to join its full time faculty at the start of the 2022 season
The candidate will work as an integral member of the TBCDE faculty to support the artistic vision and strategic plan of Tulsa Ballet Theatre, Inc. The candidate will have knowledge and experience in teaching the Vaganova training syllabus. Under the Director of Education, the successful candidate will teach classical ballet, pointe, variations, Classical ballet repertoire, choreograph for performances and prepare students for performances. Depending upon the successful candidate’s background and experience, they may work with TB Trainee program and/or with TBII and Tulsa Ballet. They will support the administrative needs of the school, and support recruitment and marketing initiatives. This is an excellent opportunity for a knowledgeable teacher who is looking to be part of a talented and committed team and who thrives in a vibrant atmosphere dedicated to excellence and growth.
Essential Functions and Major Responsibilities
The teacher will:
- Motivate and inspire students by teaching with knowledge, positive energy and compassion.
- Nurture students to develop confidence while developing a love, respect and understanding of the art form.
- Work as a positive and effective team member.
- Be responsible for the effective delivery of dance education for a broad range of ages and abilities.
- Teach a curriculum upon the Russian system of training.
- Choreograph for TBCDE performances and rehearse students as necessary.
- Prepare student placement and evaluations as required.
- Support the positive development of TBCDE through consistent development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Assist with the coordination of projects and events including auditions and schedules, meeting deadlines as required.
- Participate in marketing and recruitment initiatives.
- Attend planning meetings as required.
- Participate in long-term planning in cooperation with the Director of Education, School Administrators and other members of the Faculty.
- Build and maintain positive and productive relationships with students, parents, staff and community partners through effective and honest communication.
Education and Experience
The position requires:
- Knowledge of Vaganova syllabus of training in classical ballet
- Certification from a recognized teacher training program or equivalent
- Successful experience in guiding young people towards professional careers in dance
- Minimum of 3 years of experience teaching youth of varying ages and abilities
- Ability to choreograph for children/dancers of varying ages and abilities
- Professional dance experience is considered an asset but not necessary
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit resume and cover letter to Arlene Minkhorst, Director of Education @ email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Tulsa Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.