Welcome to Tulsa Ballet Center for Dance Education!
Tulsa Ballet has been an integral part of the city of Tulsa and the State of Oklahoma for over 60 years. Hard work, discipline, passion and an absolute commitment to artistic excellence have taken Tulsa Ballet from its humble beginnings as a local dance school to become a highly respected ballet company with an international reputation.
These very same values speak to the philosophy of Tulsa Ballet Center for Dance Education (TBCDE). Established in 2003, TBCDE is proud to have a team of highly trained and experienced professionals, committed to each and every student having the opportunity to explore dance of the highest caliber, in a nurturing and inspiring environment.
Dance classes can be enjoyed as a physical health benefit, as a means of expression and as an opportunity to learn about a fascinating art form and better appreciate live performance. The study of dance can lead to a variety of careers in the arts; performance, teaching, choreography, arts administration, production, and more. Dance also teaches us discipline, team-work and self-confidence, valuable skills for anyone’s future.
Whatever dance means to you today, we want you to know that that we are committed to provide you with the best in dance education and to share our passion for this beautiful art form in every way it can be enjoyed.
Who Are We?
- TBCDE is the official school of Tulsa Ballet. We enjoy a close synergy and connection.
- TBCDE is a school committed to dance education of the highest caliber.
- We offer classes to all ages and levels of experience and provide extensive outreach programs allowing us to connect with our community and bring dance to those who might not otherwise have the opportunity.
- Our classes are taught by committed and professional teachers with extensive experience in dance and/or education.
What Do We Offer?
- We offer classes for children from 3 years to adults.
- We offer classes for beginners and more experienced dancers.
- We offer classes in Creative Movement, Ballet, Tap Jazz and Contemporary dance.
- TBCDE runs an Intensive Program for students, beginning at age 9, who have the desire to study dance seriously.
- We offer performance opportunities for all students.
- TBCDE runs a Trainee Program which is by audition only. This program is for the post-secondary dancer intent on a professional career in dance. The Trainee Program is closely connected to Tulsa Ballet and Tulsa Ballet II.
- We offer a variety of outreach programs within the community;
- Programs are held at our campus and in public schools with a variety of offerings available to introduce children to dance and inspire creativity.
- Our outreach programs offer performance opportunities specifically designed to engage children from 3 yrs and up.
- TBCDE offers Mark Morris Dance for Parkinson Program classes in collaboration with Parkinson Foundation of Oklahoma.
When Can I Dance?
- Fall and Spring: Classes generally follow the Tulsa Public School calendar.
- Summer: We offer Youth, Junior and Senior Intensives as well as programming for ages 3-adult.
- Special Times: Spring Break, Weekend Workshops, and Mini Camps.
Why Dance with TBCDE?
- Diverse programming for all types of dancers
- Committed and qualified teaching staff with many years of experience in teaching
- International, full-time faculty with professional dance experience
- Live musicians who accompany many of the Intensive Program classes
- Committed and qualified administrative staff
- Performance opportunities for all dancers
- Opportunities for students to interact with the dancers of Tulsa Ballet as well as opportunities to observe company class and rehearsals
- Complimentary tickets to performances of Tulsa Ballet and Tulsa Ballet II
- Opportunities to perform with Tulsa Ballet
- Two campuses for your convenience
- Large studios with sprung floors specially designed for dancers’ safety
- In-house theaters at both campuses