Tulsa Ballet is excited to announce auditions for children’s roles in Tulsa Ballet’s 2022 The Nutcracker!
Auditions will be held at Tulsa Ballet’s Brookside campus, located at:
1212 E 45th Place
Tulsa, OK 74105
Friday, Sept. 9, 5:45-7:45pm
- Children’s Audition for students who are 4’5” through 5’8” (ages 9-17)
- 2+ years of dance experience required
- Parent Orientation will be held from 6:15-6:45pm
- Some children from this audition may be asked to also take the audition on Saturday, September 10
Walk-up registration is welcome! If you have not pre-registered, please arrive at 5:00pm to allow time to register before the audition begins.
Saturday, Sept. 10, 2-4pm
- Children’s Audition for students who are 3’10″ through 4’6″ (ages 6-12)
- Parent Orientation will be held from 2:30-3:00pm
Walk-up registration is welcome! If you have not pre-registered, please arrive at 1:00pm to allow time to register before the audition begins.
- Pre-register for auditions by clicking the gold title of the appropriate day/time for your child.
- Tulsa Ballet is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our dancers and students and to safeguard our ability to perform. As of September 1, 2022, per agreements with AGMA (dancer union) and IATSE (stage crew union), students performing in Tulsa Ballet’s The Nutcracker will have the following safety protocols:
– Students age 12 and up will be required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 (per the CDC definitions of fully vaccinated at the time of rehearsals and performances)
– Students age 11 and under who are not vaccinated will be required to wear a facemask and may be required to test according to a schedule for rehearsals and performances with the main company
– Students cast in Party Scene will be required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 (per the CDC definitions of fully vaccinated at the time of rehearsals and performances)
– All students may be asked to wear masks for some company rehearsals
– These protocols may be adapted if agreements with AGMA and IATSE are updated and/or the CDC changes recommendations
- All audition classes will be held at the Brookside campus (1212 E. 45th Place, Tulsa, OK 74105)
- Children should be age 6 or older on audition day.
- Height requirements are due to size of costumes.
- Tulsa Ballet’s The Nutcracker, is a professional production. As such, children cast in this production will be expected to follow the rules and etiquette as required for a professional production. Arlene Minkhorst, Director of Education, will review these expectations with parents in more detail at our scheduled Parent Orientations, however, please know that children will be expected to attend all rehearsals and performances as called, and to be focused and attentive in and out of the studio. Your children will be working with professional artists who have extensive experience in their respective roles and who will guide, teach and rehearse your children to ensure they have a positive experience performing with Tulsa Ballet. Children who miss rehearsals due to illness must communicate their absence before the rehearsal and children who miss too many or key rehearsals, for any reason, may lose their opportunity to perform. We recognize that the opportunity to perform in The Nutcracker requires an enormous commitment from families, and encourage everyone to ensure that they are able to commit to this project. We respect that this may not be the year that every family will want to make this project their first priority and adjust their children’s school, extra-curricular activities and family engagements to facilitate. If not, we hope to see your children audition in the future.