Tulsa Ballet is pleased to invite experienced Musical Theater singers to audition for their 2018 production of Strictly Gershwin.
This is a wonderful opportunity for talented singers to perform with one of Oklahoma’s most vibrant performing arts companies.
Strictly Gershwin is a spectacular tribute to George Gershwin and the big band era of the thirties.
The songs of George and Ira Gershwin are synonymous with an unforgettable time in America’s history. Strictly Gershwin evokes the silver screen magic of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, and the glamour of a golden age.
Featuring Gershwin’s greatest hits including An American in Paris, Rhapsody in Blue, Summertime, Strike up the Band, Someone to Watch over Me, ‘S Wonderful, Shall We Dance, I Got Rhythm and many more!
Tulsa Ballet is seeking four experienced singers of the following types:
- Soprano – A light, buoyant voice with an easy top reach and a feel for swing. Will need great breath control for An F in alt. is a real bonus.
- Mezzo – A nice rounded sound to sing ballads in an easy way and a feel for swing.
- Tenor 1 – Lyric tenor with an effortless top register and a feel for swing.
- Tenor 2 – Tenor with a good ear and a feel for swing.
Singers must be available in the following time periods:
- Rehearsals: Monday through Friday, January 22 – February 9, 2018
Performances: February 9-11, 2018
- Hotel accommodations, per diem, and mileage reimbursement for travel to and from Tulsa will be provided.
HOW TO APPLY
To register your interest, please upload a video of yourself performing a musical theater or jazz standard to a streaming website (i.e. YouTube or Vimeo) and send the link along with a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.